What are mantras you ask?
According to Wikipedia (because if it’s on Wikipedia it must be true, right?), “A “Mantra” is a sacred utterance, a numinous sound, a syllable, word or phonemes, or group of words in Sanskrit believed by practitioners to have psychological and spiritual powers. A mantra may or may not have syntactic structure or literal meaning.”
In other words, a mantra is a word or statement that helps you kick negative talks ass.
It helps to strengthen the connection between your unconscious and conscious mind. The more you strengthen this connection the more resilient you will be when challenges present themselves.
In my FB group Fearless and Fabulous Love, I always start the week with Mantra Monday’s. It’s a great way to kick off the week with a weapon of mass destruction in your back pocket.
Here’s how it works…
Whenever you find yourself heading to negative town, whether it’s a put-down, comparing yourself to others, reviewing your list of “shoulds”, negative thoughts or belief systems, or basically any time you feel crappy in any way, take a deep breath in and out.
As you breathe in say your mantra in your mind or out loud. As you breathe out, let go of whatever negative thought is bugging you.
I do this ALL THE TIME.
Whenever I feel myself doubting or criticizing, I whip out my mantra and repeat it as many times as necessary until the negative feeling dissipates.
And if you want a little extra, plug it into your phone. Every day at 11, 3:15 and 7:30 I have my alarm set with my mantra to remind myself of what thoughts need some changing. And I keep repeating these mantras over and over throughout the day until that negative thought no longer bothers me.
Bye negative Nancy.
Here are my list of 10 mantras to help kick negativity’s ass and get you feeling more confident:
- I am enough, I am SO enough
- I am worthy of anything I desire
- I deserve the best and accept it into my life
- I am charge of how I feel and today I am choosing happiness
- I control my own life. No one has any say over what I do, where I go or when I do it
- I am confident and courageous. I possess the strength and ability to accomplish my goals and dreams
- I am strong. I am beautiful, I am enough
- I appreciate everything I have. I live in joy
- I create the life I want
- Something wonderful is about to happen to me